Friday, October 9, 2009

Oct 9th Ultrasound

All looked good! They couldn't complete the anatomy scan though because the baby was too small. I'll go back in in a monthish for another ultrasound so they can finish the anatomy scan. Dr said that will probably be my last ultrasound :(

Anyway, during today's ultra sound the tech started off by looking at the brain. She spent a decent amount of time looking at the baby's head and it didn't seem to be moving and I started getting a little concerned. Thank god the next thing she did was measure the heartbeat. There was a sigh of relief when I heard/saw the heart beating. Baby's heart rate was 146. Which according to babybpm is:

babybpm fetal heart rate gender predictor

This was the first ultrasound where we could actually see the baby moving around - kicking it's little legs, squirming around, etc. It was so cool, but so weird because I can see it moving on the screen but can't feel it. (They asked if I'd felt the baby move yet.... I don't think so. Apparently it feels like butterflies in your stomach. Psh whatever that means!)

No comments:

Post a Comment